The Annual Wayne County Canoe Classic will take place on April 23, 2017. The Honesdale area Jaycees and the Wayne Bank are the hosts of this wonderful event!
Registration starts at 9 am at the Wayne County Fairgrounds
The race begins at 11 am.
Course: Racers will canoe from the Wayne County Fairgrounds on the Dyberry Creek. Contestants will connect with the Lackawaxen River at Industrial Point in Honesdale, and continue through the borough and down to the softball fields in White Mills, where the finish line is located.
Representatives from the Honesdale River Project will be running the concession stand at the finish line in order to raise funds and awareness for projects in summer of 2017!
We'll also have an info table on hand in order to answer any questions and Black and Brass Coffee Roasters will be slingin' java during registration and at the finish line!
Cheer on the contestants at some of these great viewing areas (and send us your pics with #honesdaleriverproject!).
- Apple Grove
- Fair Avenue Bridge (near 670)
- Park Street Beidge (near YMCA)
- YMCA Parking Lot and Park St Park
- Industrial Point (fishing landing below old EMS building)
- Irving Cliff (Birdseye View)
- Behind the Courthouse (9th St)
- 6th Street Bridge area (swing Bridge/Riverside Drive)
- CVS parking lot on 4th St
- Brown St Bridge
Good luck to the racers and remember to use caution when near the river!